Napolitano Defends DHS “Right Wing Watch” Report

napolitano004In a written statement, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has defended a department report that puts Americans with conservative issues on a list of potential terrorists.

“Let me be very clear: We monitor the risks of violent extremism taking root here in the United States,” Napolitano wrote. “We don’t have the luxury of focusing our efforts on one group; we must protect the country from terrorism whether foreign or homegrown and regardless of the ideology that motivates its violence.”

In her statement issued Wednesday, Napolitano said DHS is on “the lookout for criminal and terrorist activity but we do not – nor will we ever – monitor ideology or political beliefs.”

Napolitano also said that when she was briefed on the reprot, it “struck a nerve as someone personally involved in the Timothy McVeigh prosecution.”

Posted in On The Domestic Front, War On Terror.

Tagged with , , .

1. klt says

I'm confused a little bit. Lefties like napolitano will everything with in there power to control LEGAL AMERICANS here in the U.S.A. But they will not do anything about controling the illegals that constantly run into america on a daily basis. Are'nt they the terrorists ? Or maybe napolitano is ?

2. AC says

This creature Janet Napolitano was the governor of Arizona who aided and abetted the Mexican marauders in their illegal occupation of her state. Phoenix has become a nightmare ,with kidnappings by these Mexican drug cartel thugs . Is it any wonder that this hideous creature is director of Fatherland Insecurity?

She is a perfect puppet for Hussein the illegal alien despot.

Sen. John McCain is from Arizona, you remember him.

3. rapchat says

Please – what makes right wing nuts any different than left wing nuts or environmental nuts. They all pose threats. Is it unreasonable to think neo-nazis will use Obama derangement as a recruiting tool? No.

Given the anger and adolescent anger one finds on the FOX forums these days, the DHS is correct to be concerned. BTW Johann – I may be left of you, but I have payed plenty in taxes and am very much a patriot.

4. Endgame says

Great photochop.

I can't even see the puppet strings in the picture.

Just another tool in the toolbox that no one seems to know what it does.

5. Arie Bakker says

Let's put the Fox Network, and Rush Limbaigh on that list. They are hate mongers. They're the ones that yell fire in crowded theatre, and claim freedom of speech. They know what they're doing, and any blood spilled in the name of nationalism is on their hands. In the words of Rodney King: "Why can't we all just get along?"

6. Johann says

Merely another label we on the right can add to the list.

Like so many onslaughts from the left, it defies all logic. Because last time I had a look, you found the most passionate patriots on the right side of the fence.

Why then not call the lefties who want to indulge in the benefits of a free market America without contributing with taxes also terrorists?

As far as I am concerned, those are the people intent on raping and plundering, destroying the system for their own benefit.

But we are the terrorists? Yeah, right.

7. Quark says

What concerns me most is this statement: “rightwing extremist ideology are the most dangerous domestic terrorism threat.” Google “Terrorist training camps in the U.S.” and see who’s operating them. If DHS (and Congress) think the biggest threat is the rightwing, that implies they know nothing about Jihadist camps right here in America!?? How can we ask foreign countries like Pakistan to shut down their camps when we allow them to continue operating on our own soil? How can we call the “greatest” threat rightwing Americans when the report is full of speculation on what “may” or “could” increase recruitment, while Jihadist camps are operating in full swing across the nation? How can they afford the effort to worry about what “may” be when they should be countering know threats right here on U.S. soil?

I’ve written all of my representatives expressing my concern over the Islamic training camps. I suggest everyone reading this do the same. Our nation’s resources should be directed toward addressing known threats, not making up threats.

8. Johann says

@ rapchat:

I was referring to numerous Democrats who have been guilty of not paying taxes – if you read my post carefully, you'll notice I have not generalised, as I am referring to those indulging in the benefits without paying the dues.

Also, I never said there are no patriots on the left.

9. Joe from Jersey says

This one is a real communist.

10. The Great Frank says

Only on TRP does The Great Frank get it! Isn’t this what was exactly done to our returning Vietnam Vets in the late 70′s and eighties? Remember how they were violent to due to “flashbacks”? And how the media went out of it’s way to portray returning vets as “lunatics” bent on murder and mayhem? Since we hear the left say, “I support the troops, not the war”, aren’t they looking for a way to get out of that, which rings hollow, and look for a way to discredit them? The left which is always looking for a way to portray the right as “violent”, conviently forgets that THEY are the most violent! They claim to be against war, but their “revolutions are the most violent! Their language is the language of violence! And the FIRST thing a leftwing government does, is wage war on it’s own people, by destroying the opposition with firstly false charges, and then ultimately violence! This a prime example of the lies and propaganda that they use. And whom is the target? White People! But it wasn’t racist for 99% of blacks to vote for Obama solely on his race, was it?

11. Hadrian says

Yeah!!!!! I am a suspected domestic terrorist!!!!! I support conservative third parties. I have in possession propaganda material (the Bible). Yeah!!!! I will be monitored by the Federal Government!!!! YEAH!!!!

12. Lindy says

I am one of those right wing extremists who exercises my first amendment rights. In fact, as I was leaving the Sacramento Tea Party, there was an altercation with one of those far left liberals…you see, it was after lunch at a little Japanese Sushi bar with the best sushi imaginable. We had an enjoyable lunch and smiled and greeted a San Francisco legislator (whose name I will not disclose but will state he wears a diamond in his left ear and is not in the State Senate) as he was being treated to lunch by some lobbyists. He appeared disgruntled that someone carrying a U.S. flag was sitting at the table next to him which resulted in them having to whisper and him mumbling something about not being able to “get away from them” and stomping out of the restaurant…but this wasn’t the incident… my daughter, my granddaughter and I went to our car and were leaving the parking lot in my Toyota Camry Hybrid (imagine that, a Republican, right wing extremist driving a Hybrid) that has a yellow ribbon “Support the Troops” magnet on the back and our flag visible through the window…and a Cadillac Escalade was rolling in, at speeds inappropriate for a public parking lot. He saw my little car approach, noted the flag and sped up toward us as though he intended to hit us, then quickly stopped, so I would have to back up and make room for him…so very, very rude! He flipped me off, in front of the grandchild because he didn’t like my flag and burned rubber as he sped past, his “I Voted For Obama” bumper sticker reflecting in the rear view mirror.

To think, I stood on the Capital lawn with over 15,000 right wing radical extremists, shoulder to shoulder, and didn’t get so much as a push…all were so very polite, so clean and there wasn’t one odor of dope on their clothing or on their breath, that you usually find with the demonstrations of the antiwar groups. But I get into a parking lot with a legislative staffer and “its on.”

Oh well….I’m not worried about being a right wing radical extremist….

The bad news is one day, some of us may receive a visit to our home by a couple of polite, nice, young men, wearing suits from the Men’s Wearhouse, and embarrassed, sit uncomfortably on our sofas and have to listen to a lonely old lady demand they drink lemonade and eat cookies and complain to them about the economy, taxes, socialistic programs, the poor choices our elected leaders have made and how we feel the fashion police should cite Michelle Obama and the SPCA conduct a DNA test on the family dog to see if he was “REALLY RESCUED” or a distant cousin to the Kennedy canine.

The good news is that will only take a few hours, will annoy the hell out of our federal employees and none of us will go to jail for exercising our First Amendment Rights unless we abuse our Second Amendment Rights (or our First Amendment rights or the Penal Code or any local code, or have unregistered vehicles or unkempt yards, etc.) because they don’t even have enough beds to keep the illegal Iranians in, when they sneak across the Mexican border.

Yep…newsflash: They’ve been letting the Middle Easterners, who have been apprehended crossing into this country illegally, out of the pokey, especially those from Iran because Iran refuses to take them back. (Kind of like what they are planning to do with the Gitmo terrorists whose countries won’t take them back.)

They’re putting them all on welfare and within our communities.

Anyway, long story short, we have nothing to worry about except for terrorists being released into our country, us paying for their welfare and the threat of being called terrorists for not liking it…oh and legislative staffers who voted for Obama.

I think maybe we may be safer in jail, if only they would put us there, huh?

The bad news is one day, some of us right wing extremists may receive a visit to our home by a couple of polite, nice, young men, wearing suits from the Men’s Wearhouse, and embarrassed, sit uncomfortably on our sofas and have to listen to us complain about the economy, taxes, socialistic programs, the poor choices our elected leaders have made and how we feel the fashion police should cite Michelle Obama and the SPCA conduct a DNA test on the family dog to see if he was “REALLY RESCUED” or a distant cousin to the Kennedy canine.

The good news is that will only take a few hours, will annoy the hell out of our federal employees and none of us will go to jail for exercising our First Amendment Rights unless we abuse our Second Amendment Rights (or our First Amendment rights) because they don’t even have enough beds to keep the illegal Iranians in, when they sneak across the Mexican border.

Yep…newsflash: They’ve been letting the Middle Easterners crossing into this country illegally out of the pokey, especially those from Iran because Iran refuses to take them back. (Kind of like what they are planning to do with the Gitmo terrorists whose countries won’t take them back.)

They’re putting them all on welfare and within our communities.

So, we have nothing to worry about except for terrorists being released into our country, us paying for their welfare and the threat of being called terrorists for not liking it…

I think maybe we may be safer in jail, if only they would put us there, huh?

13. Lindy says

Uh, did I tell you about my experience at the Sacramento Tea Party?

Did you get my point the first time or when I had to repeat it? (Wink)

14. Johann says

Good one Lindy!!

Continuing the Discussion

1. Cain And Santorum Advocate Profiling Muslims linked to this post on November 24, 2011

[...] this. Shortly after US President Barack Obama took office, his Department of Homeland Security put Americans with conservative views on a watch list of potential terrorists in April 2009. A week later, it was revealed that the FBI was actively monitoring the conservative [...]

Seo Package Quote