Anti-Racist Activist Mugged By Black Man

JoAnne Silver Jones

JoAnne Silver Jones

A white professor and anti-racist activist has been savagely beaten by an African-American man on the streets of Washington, DC just days before the inauguration of Barack Obama.

62-year old JoAnne Silver Jones was mugged on Jan. 16 while on her way to see her adopted daughter. Jones was beat on her head, arms and hands with a brick by her African-American male assailant during the attack, according to long-time friend Patricia Romney. “He beat her face so badly that she was unable to open her eyes, and one eye socket was torn by the blows,” she said.

Jones is an associate professor in the School of Human Services at Springfield College and director of the social work program. She has co-authored a paper titled, “Feminist Strategies for Teaching About Oppression” and was involved with “cross-cultural issues” including a 1999 incident at Amherst Regional High School where Puerto Rican students protested the school’s production of “West Side Story”.

Jones is still recovering at George Washington University Hospital after undergoing surgery on her skull and eye, but may be released this weekend, Romney said. “She can walk a little but is nauseous and headachy,” she said. “She’s a tough cookie, but this is totally traumatizing. It’s going to be a long way back.” Jones will need additional surgery on both hands, which are still bandaged from her elbows to her fingertips.

Romney said she is struck by what she termed the “paradox of it all” – a white anti-racism activist, the first African-American president and a mugger identified as African-American. To test Jones’ brain, doctors asked her the name of the new president, and she answered correctly. “This won’t shake any of her political activism,” Romney said of Jones. “She’s clear about what the issues are. This won’t sway her desire to keep fighting for social justice.”

Jones’ spouse Deborah King will be nursing her back to health. Jones’ assailant remains at large.

Posted in Leftist Losers.

Tagged with , , .

1. realitybites says

This reminds me of a story from 2000. In New Orleans, there was a riot over some issue or another(a claim of police brutality or whatever). Blacks went nuts, as is their habit, and started tearing up the neighborhood. Some young, “progressive” Whites saw this, and thought to themselves, “Excellent! Now we can fight the power with our dark skinned brothers!” and went down to join in the rioting. Class war not race war, right? Ummm, WRONG! The darkies looked around, saw some White college kids trying to join in, and……Can you guess what happened next?

Long story short, the White “activists” were hospitalized. Like the lesbo in this story, I’m sure their heavily indoctrinated minds weren’t changed by the brief encounter with reality.

2. wtf? says

You people are quite clearly retards.

And what’s with all the homophobia from the liberals? It’s not cool to call someone a nigger but it’s ok to call someone a fag? wtf?

3. youreallasses says

Err… she’s an anti-racist activist, promoting equality and the ability to exist without fear or persecution due to differing ethnicity. How does this equate to her deserving a beating from a black man?

4. Frank(ly) says

Y’know, at first I was just dumbstruck by the shallowness and stupidity underlying many of the racist comments on this page. Then I remembered that the country most of you live in just elected a black president, and if you said any of this in a non-anonymous forum you’d be in so much shit that it would be difficult at first to distinguish you from the black people you hate for reason of statistical over-generalizations. Now THAT’s the modern theory of social evolution for you.

5. JFC says

I’m glad that you fucks can look forward to sucking Satan’s cock for eternity. Oh yeah, he’s black (like Jesus – OMG!). Enjoy choking on the shit you spew.

Sick fucks.

• rberman1 says

um seriously?

does anyone else see the irrefutable irony of this comment?.. lol

• rberman1 says

um seriously?

does anyone else see the irrefutable irony of this comment?.. lol

6. Skip Mendler says

Well, all I can say is that you guys are just the absolute best advertisement for your cause that anyone could ever possibly want to see! You’ve certainly made it clear just what kind of Americans you are! And I think the rest of the world can see it too!

7. California says

You know, you bozos all make Hitler and his ultra left-wing radical racist agenda look like a saintly right winger. Do you people not see yourselves for what you are? The woman who was attacked comes out smelling like Ronald Reagan compared to you people and your intolerant, liberal, hate filled spew. And yes, you are all definitely liberals in the extreme for only libs have ever demonstrated such vile hatred for other people. Good job!

8. dave says

LOL, no racist morons on this website hehe!

9. John says

So you guys think you're "the good guys" with comments like these? I hope you don't consider yourselves Christians. Jesus would never stop puking.

10. NotCrazy says

Wow I come back after a day off and got a little backup eh?

I stubled on this website two weeks ago and decided that stuff needed to be posted.

But the one thing I would like to say is that jumping on the old standby names is not a good way to make change. I started out here thinking about how horrid what was said is, but when I came back I decided why not try to actually make a change.

So that is why I started responding back. When we can all not just call eachother out with names and hate, and actually try to get people to understand the other side people can start to understand.

Look at Johann, He seems to have witnesses or at least heard about some truly horrific things that have happened in Africa where I assume he lives. So his racism seems to come from a real place.

The thing that he may not understand is that the Black population of our nation went though that and much worse for centuries and only until really mid 1970′s did it really become a thing of the past with a few remnants here and there.

Anyway good luck but the way to change someones mind is not by hurling insults, even when deserved.

11. Sweet_Jane_Says says

May you, and those near you, know only love, peace, safety, and happiness. May this world share its goodness with you. Relinquish fear, but never forfeit hope. Don't let faith die.

12. Tyler says

I wish only misery and pain on all of you for your incredible lack of compassion, stupidity, and unfounded hate. If you call yourself a Christian, God hates your attitude, ideology, hate mongering, and is nothing but embarrassed over your comments.

13. comitatoantifrocie says

mmm looking at the the pic…. but it's a woman?

14. 0800-MR-JIM says

America.
    Land of the free.
    Read your constitution before spreading race hate.
    Or emigrate to a country that does abide such vile nonsense.
    How far America has come from the ideals of the founding fathers. Upsetting.
    From EU citizen.

15. Antifrocia says

aahahahahahahahahaha sorry I can’t stop laughing
    ahahahahahahahahah

16. Robyn Parker says

Everyone who has posted here should be utterly ashamed of themselves. Sure, it's just fine if you post these disgusting comments under a false name – how many of you would have posted using your real name? Not many I bet because you're racist cowards. What is wrong with negroes? Or lesbians? Grow up and open your minds you ignorant people.

17. Shalom says

My god, what the hell is wrong with all of you?????!!!!

This is America, NOT Nazi Germany. This is the 21st century, NOT the 18th.

A woman was attacked and assaulted, and you say, "Oh, the tragedy that she wasn't raped/killed/will learn her lesson." What lesson is there to be learned? Yes, it stinks that she was attacked, but the work she does trying to bridge racial differences is important and admirable. I hope she will make a full recovery.

As for all the comments about black people… Did a black man assault her? Yes. Are all black people the spawn of Satan? NO. That's like saying, 'Her attacker was a man, therefore all men must be evil'. It is total BS and makes NO sense.

And as for her being gay… Good for her! I am straight, but I have many close gay and lesbian friends and they are no different then straight people.

You know, whenever I think we've made progress and racism is dying in America, I find something like this and I get depressed all over again. There is a reason I don't stand for the Pledge any more.

It is time all you all recognize that racism is dying. We have a black president, for crying out loud. Prejudice against blacks, gays, and people of certain religions is disgusting and makes no sense.

The world is full of black and gay people. Live with it. You can't change that, but you can accept it and learn to live with it. If you still have a heart after all this time, try to revive it. Acceptance is not wrong. Peace is not wrong. And it would sure do everyone a whole lot of good.

Think about it.

18. Hank says

You people are sick and disgusting. It doesn’t matter what color the mugger is, or what sexual orientation or beliefs the victim has. The attack was wrong. .period, and so are you.

19. Amdela says

What is wrong with you people????

And this is why, like David Bowie, I’m afraid of Americans.

20. Mark says

I think you are missing the high probability that it is RACISM that in part has put that black man where he is today. This attack could have been perpetrated by an individual of ANY color (white too). It is a higher probabbility that perpetrators are minorities because the deck is stacked against them.

21. Hank says

Mark, I don’t think those people care one way or another about the root causes. In my experience, people filled w/ that type of hate usually have feelings on inadequacy, and can only feel better about themselves by bashing other people. Usually people who are more comfortable w/ themselves have a more accepting attitude. I genuinely feel sorry for them.

22. Jews are Parasites says

Oy Vey Oy Vey Share the joys of multiculturalism Juden Parasite.

23. Native Sun says

I’ve never been mugged by a group of white guys before…. There are bad elements in all races, just so happens most are black…

Amdela, would you rather us lie about how we feel? Or maybe we should extend more privilages to those who think they deserve it because of the color of their skin more so than their disposition in life due to poor decisions made by their forefathers.

24. Hank says

Native Sun, I've never been mugged by a group of white guys before, or a group of black guys either. On the other hand, my father was mugged by a group of white guys. Your statement that there are bad elements in all races is certainly true, but I'm not sure how you managed to determine that most bad elements are black. I'm mixed race, and obviously so. I've found blacks on the whole to be a lot more accepting than whites. However, the person I consider to be my best friend is white, although not American.

I also don't find much difference in behavior between poor blacks and poor whites. If you've ever had a jury summons, you might notice that there are quite a few poor whites being charged for the same offenses that the blacks are being charged w/. Violence, theft, drugs etc.etc.

Additionally, as much time as I've spent around blacks, I've never heard anyone with expectations of preferential treatment because of the color of their skin. In fact the expectation was just the opposite.

25. WhitePride says

I am a white nationalist but even I am disgusted by all these hateful comments. hope the poor woman recorvers.

But Isn’t it hypocritical for an anti racist to wish death on a racist
    Who cares if someone prefers their own kind. As long as it isn’t hurting others. I thought liberals were all about Live and let live. Who cares what a racist thinks as long as they dont act on it.

26. Jude says

If only we could see reports of how many white males committed the same crime on the same day in the US. Bet the numbers would be a hell of a lot more than…1!!!!!!

27. YT says

Some people must learn the hard way about how dangerous and violent negros are. Remember; no one is ever born a racist………

28. oblisasaigani says

http://freeseosan.sqweebs.com/doc_40.html download cd copy [url=http://freeseosan.sqweebs.com/doc_40.html]http://freeseosan.sqweebs.com/doc_40.html download cd copy[/url] 8oocf, http://freeseosan.sqweebs.com/page-85.html graphic design free ebooks [url=http://freeseosan.sqweebs.com/page-85.html]graphic design free ebooks View[/url] 9ijne,

29. harbinger of Holo II says

5% of the pop. BLACK males commit over 5-% of all violent crimes. Imagine all of them in jail. WHAT a SAFE place America would be. Then put Howard Stern, Jerry Springer, Hugh Hefner, Michael Eisner, Steven Bornstein, Jeff Zucker, Murray Rothstein-Redstone, Rupert Murdoch, Barry Diller (insert 10,000 jew CEO, Producers, writers and execs that have purposely destroyed American Culture) underground. Wow – America would be great again.

30. George says

A nigger beating a dyke hahah priceless.

31. rberman1 says

um seriously?

does anyone else see the irrefutable irony of this comment?.. lol

this is amusing to me [this topic as a whole] i am neither an activist nor racist, i am simply indifferently, i just find this slightly humorous in light of the rather bleak nature of the event .

I have a feeling someone’s gonna beat this guy up, talk about shi*ting where you eat!

1 6 7 8

Continuing the Discussion

1. Two asians arrested after race attack linked to this post on January 27, 2009

[...] Anti-Racist Activist Mugged By Black Man | The Right Perspective Quote: [...]

2. Anti-Racist Activist Mugged By Black Man linked to this post on January 27, 2009

[...] Activist Mugged By Black Man Anti-Racist Activist Mugged By Black Man A white professor and anti-racist activist has been savagely beaten by an African-American man on [...]

3. Anti-Racist Activist Mugged By Black Man linked to this post on January 28, 2009

[...] Activist Mugged By Black Man Anti-Racist Activist Mugged By Black Man Silver Jones A white professor and anti-racist activist has been savagely beaten by an [...]

4. Anti-Racist Activist Mugged by Black Man « Locust blog linked to this post on January 29, 2009

[...] Anti-Racist Activist Mugged by Black Man Filed under: Death of the Nation, Race Realism — whitelocust @ 2:26 am Anti-Racist Activist Mugged by Black Man [...]

5. How Some Deal with an Ironic Story « The Idiocracy Index linked to this post on February 11, 2009

[...] So it’s tragic (and yes, ironic) that an anti-racism activism was mugged by a black man. What is sad is that the Right Wing website is posting it for fun, the story was labeled under “leftist losers,” and what is absolutely disgraceful to the human race is the comments that followed, here is a screenshot of some posted below, to read the entire trainwreck, go here. [...]

6. Anti-Rassismus 0, USA 1 « 20 Years of The New Vienna Times linked to this post on February 11, 2009

[...] Ja, so müssen sich die Mitglieder eines erlesenen Kreises in den USA gefühlt haben, als ihnen diese Meldung vorgelesen [...]

7. Mark Perez linked to this post on February 11, 2009

check out the inbred asshole comments after this article http://tinyurl.com/avtc5t

8. Mark Griffiths linked to this post on February 11, 2009

read the comments below the article http://tinyurl.com/avtc5t

9. Alec Couros linked to this post on February 11, 2009

Anti-racist professor raped, story here http://bit.ly/7zWi The comments make me want to throw up.

10. Alec Couros linked to this post on February 11, 2009

Anti-racist professor beaten and mugged, story here http://bit.ly/7zWi The comments make me want to throw up.

11. Mary Wallace linked to this post on February 11, 2009

RT @courosa: Anti-racist professor beaten and mugged http://bit.ly/7zWi The comments make me want to throw up.

12. Cristina Costa linked to this post on February 11, 2009

@courosa I just can’t believe in the comments.I am totally in shock and disgusted! :-( http://tinyurl.com/avtc5t

13. Steve Wood linked to this post on February 11, 2009

RT @brlittle: Umm…wow. The comments on this are…just, wow. http://tinyurl.com/avtc5t – do Americans really think this way still??

14. mhootman linked to this post on February 11, 2009

not sure what to say about the comments following this article http://tinyurl.com/avtc5t

15. Steve Leggat linked to this post on February 12, 2009

Right wingers are so full of love (read the comments). http://tinyurl.com/avtc5t

16. Being an Audiophile..i wanna slap this guy - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio linked to this post on February 14, 2009

[...] reminds me of youtube comments, and also this: Anti-Racist Activist Mugged By Black Man | The Right Perspective Skim the article and read the comments. __________________ Foobar 2k->Electri-Q->Zero [...]

17. Óskar Ögri Birgisson linked to this post on February 20, 2009

Ohhh the irony http://tinyurl.com/avtc5t (thanks Tinna for the link)

18. EMPLOI Soignant linked to this post on July 9, 2010